Thursday 17 April 2014

Driving and swearing (this is a sweary blog you have been warned)

If I had a sound recorder in the car when I'm driving it would sound like this:

'OK come on you fuckwit press firmly on the right hand pedal and let's get moving'.

Or: 'You could get a fucking bus through there madam'.

Or: 'don't mention it fuckwit' (when I've let someone through and he/she hasn't acknowledged it with a wave).

Other even more naughty words may well escape my lips during the course of many single journeys. I have to admit that I'm not a patient driver sometimes. Well, anytime actually.

Years ago when my now 21 year-old son Angus was but a babe (about three) we traveled 'en famile' into the metropolis that is Market Harborough.

With she who must be obeyed and a young child in the car I was obviously on best behaviour, no swearing at all allowed.

Then someone cut me up at the island. I said nothing, kept my eyes firmly on the road ahead.

And then a small piping voice came from the back seat: 'Bloody idiant' it said.

'Idiant' is now common currency in our househiold. We're all 'bloody idiants' nowadays.

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment