Sunday 19 May 2013

Swivel-eyed loon?

Debating an issue anywhere, but especially on twitter, has taught me that resorting to insults means you have lost the argument. Completely and unequivocally.

If wanting a Government that takes account of and then properly represents the people it serves, makes me a swivel-eyed loon, count me in.

If having perfectly legitimate concerns and views on issues that affect everyone in the country, like the EU, makes me a swivel-eyed loon, I'm your man.

If articulating my views and concerns in a civil, cogent and respectful way, with reasoned argument, factual content and serious issues, not based on what's in it for me as an individual, but on real problems facing not just British people but ordinary people throughout Europe makes me a swivel-eyed loon, then I'm happy to wear that badge.

What I am not prepared to do is to be called a swivel-eyed loon by a fucking chinless wonder who has never had to do a day's work in his life; who has no idea what it's like to count the pennies to provide for his family.

You cannot dismiss us any more Lord Feldman. We're coming after you. And for Dave, and Nick, and Ed.

And we're doing so calmly. With reasoned arguments and views. Issues will be highlighted and examined. Promises will not be forgotten. We are, finally, more powerful than your old boys network. Be very afraid.


No comments:

Post a Comment